A classic text, The Law of Contracts has been cited repeatedly by the courts, including the Supreme Court of Canada. This work looks beyond the surface rules of this complex area of law to identify the underlying conflicting principles, so you're never in doubt about their implications. The seventh edition has been revised and updated to incorporate all the latest developments in contract law.
New! Twelve Supreme Court of Canada Cases are referenced as well as relevant provincial Court of Appeal and Superior Court Cases. Hundreds of cases and issues are analyzed including:
- English and commonwealth cases that could potentially affect Canadian jurisprudence
- A number of issues in regards to:
- Parole Evidence Rule
- Tender Cases
- Duty of Good Faith
- Limitation of Liability Clauses
- Notional Severance
- Municipal Immunity from Contractual Liability
- Specific Performance
- Exemplary and Punitive Damages
- Damages for Mental Distress for Breach of Contract
Includes more than 4,000 cases The Law of Contracts, Seventh Edition delivers the same clear explanation and analysis of the law and its applications that practitioners have relied on for years.