Keep up with the latest legislation with The 2017 Annotated Ontario Personal Property Security Act
Now published twice per year, the new edition of this portable guide features the fully updated text of the Ontario Personal Property Security Act and Regulations, section-by-section commentary, all significant reported and unreported court decisions, detailed cross-references, and a new table of concordance. The 2017 Annotated Ontario Personal Property Security Act does more than provide the current version of the black letter law. You are also given the necessary tools to help you immediately grasp the intricacies of the Ontario regime.
- Full text of the Act and regulations - including amendments
- Related legislation - including the Repair and Storage Liens Act, Electronic Registration Act, Securities Transfer Act, and pertinent sections of the Ontario and Canada Business Corporations Acts, the Consumer Protection Act, the Electronic Commerce Act, and the Securities Act
- Section-by-section commentary - in-depth explanation of the practical effect of each provision of the PPSA
- Summaries of the leading decisions - Ontario cases and appellate-level decisions from other PPSA jurisdictions that interpret and apply the legislation
- Detailed cross-references - making it easy to find related provisions and the relevant PPSAC case law
- Finding tools - including a comprehensive index to the entire contents and dovetail to the basic national text Secured Transactions in Personal Property in Canada, 3rd Edition
The following cases have been added in this edition:
- U.S. Steel Canada Inc., (Re), 2016 CarswellOnt 3186, 2016 ONSC 569 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Heritage Capital Corp. v. Equitable Trust Co., 2016 CarswellAlta 790, 395 D.L.R. (4th) 656, 265 A.C.W.S. (3d) 254 (S.C.C); reversed Equitable Trust Co. v. Lougheed Block Inc., 2014 ABCA 427, 2014 CarswellAlta 2280 (Alta. C.A.)
- Ballantrae Holdings Inc. v. “Phoenix Sun” (The), 2016 FC 570, 2016 CarswellAlta 790 (F.C.).
- Correia v. Smith, 2015 ONCA 743 (Ont. C.A.)
- Severson v. Leslie, 2016 SKQB 309 (Sask. Q.B.)
The following regulation has been added to this edition:
- General Regulation made under the Repair and Storage Lien Acts, O. Reg. 427/15
In addition to print, this publication is available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™ available through your web browser, or it can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows or Mac), or iPad, or Android tablet: – giving you the freedom and flexibility to work wherever and whenever you want, with or without an Internet connection.