An authoritative and detailed analysis of the Divorce Act.
A current, portable resource for commentary and legislation, The 2015 Annotated Divorce Act
- Authoritative section-by-section commentary and analysis of the background and practical application of each section of the Act
- Clear and concise digests of all the relevant case law you need to understand the judicial application of the Act
The 2015 edition includes dozens of new case annotations.
This new edition features updates to the case law annotations of the provisions of the federal Divorce Act
, including comprehensive revision of the following parts of the text:
- Section 15 –Corollary Relief –Order for Support – Cases discussed include Johnson v. Embree (2013, BCCA), Werner v. Werner (2013, NSCA), and Chase v. Chase (2013, ABCA)
- Section 16 –Corollary Relief –Order for Custody – Cases discussed include Mungal v. Mungal (2013, ONCJ), S.(N.) v. N.(C.) (2013, ONSC), and Marquez v. Zapiola (2013, BCCA)
- Section 17 –Corollary Relief –Variation and Review – Cases discussed include Hepburn v. Hepburn (2013, BCCA), LeBlanc c. LeBlanc (2013, NBCA), and D. (K.) v. D. (N.) (2014, BCCA)
As well, the authors have made substantial updates to the commentary pertaining to ss. 2 (Interpretation – Definitions), 8 (Divorce), 11 (Divorce – Duty of Court), 18 (Corollary Relief – Provisional Orders) and 23 (Provincial Laws of Evidence).