This Study-Guide is designed to help workers, joint health and safety committee members, supervisors and managers learn:
- How to read OH&S legislation and find the legal requirements relevant to their work;
- to use the tools provided to answer questions about the Ontario OH&S Act and its regulations; and
- about the OH&S Act's provisions and the range and scope of regulations under it.
The Guide is divided into two main parts as follows:
- Part A is the information students should read before completing Part B. This Part contains tools and information to which they should refer for help in answering questions. It also contains a form for each student to complete that will help identify the student and their needs.
- Part B is the workbook and it contains three sections of questions for completion by students, organized as follows:
- Section 1: Understanding and Referencing OHS Legislation
- Section 2: The OHS Act
- Section 3: Regulations under the OHS Act
This self-study training guide allows the workplace to customize the training according to applicable regulatory requirements and an answer guide is available for your organization's training administrator.