Register for a free trial of Practical Law CanadaPractical Law Canada – Commercial Transactions
is an essential online resource for corporate and commercial lawyers and in-house counsel. With time-saving resources and practical how to guidance from industry experts, this service gives you the know-how you need to undertake a commercial transaction from start to finish. Why start at square one when you can start with Practical Law Canada?Tangible benefits of Practical Law Canada – Commercial Transactions
- Enhanced productivity – extensive guides and tools created and maintained by our lawyer-editors enable you to address your clients' legal issues faster
- Greater efficiency – enhances your expertise, helping you provide strategic counsel as well as quality work product that conforms to your clients' expectations and budgets
- Improved response time – helps you quickly create superior first drafts and respond to client queries in minutes
Our Commercial module covers key aspects of this practice area, including:
Practical Law Canada – Commercial Transactions
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements: This is a collection of legally binding contracts for different contexts in which a person or business promises to treat certain business information such as trade secrets as confidential, and promises not to use the confidential information except in accordance with the terms of the NDA, and promises not to disclose the confidential information to others without proper authorization. The agreements are drawn as mutual or unilateral in favour of the discloser or recipient, depending on the circumstance.
- General Contract and Boilerplate: This is a collection of standard boilerplate and general commercial clauses that can be used in a variety of commercial agreements.
- Supply of Goods and Services: This is a collection of different sale of goods and services agreements ranging from professional services agreements to independent consultancy agreements to manufacturing supply, distribution and reseller agreements.
' dedicated team of lawyer-editors is at the heart of the service, bringing extensive practice experience from leading law firms. These lawyer-editors create, cross-check and continuously update Practical Law Canada resources to keep you up to date with the latest legal, regulatory and practice developments. Resources include:
- Practice Overviews and Practice Notes that provide straightforward how-to guides and clear explanations of current law and practice, ranging from basic overviews to detailed analysis for specialists.
- Standard Documents and Standard Clauses that are up-to-date precedents with detailed drafting notes, negotiating guidance, opposing positions and alternative clauses that can be downloaded and saved in Word for easy editing and customization.
- Checklists, time lines and charts that serve as quick reference reminders and provide a 360 degree view to help make sure you have covered all the bases.
- Toolkits that provide a compilation of resources that focus on specific issues.
- Glossaries that decode jargon and dovetail with terms used in the documents, checklists and practice notes.
- Updates which feature trend pieces / hot topic discussions.
- Country Q&As which provide global insight and guidance, Q&A Comparison Tools and International Transaction Guides which provide jurisdiction specific answers to frequently asked questions about doing a variety of transactions- all written by leading lawyers in international firms.
Practical Law Canada resources and tools are extremely easy to navigate an, with cross-references and links to related content. Case law references seamlessly link out to the full text of the case and are powered by WestlawNext Canada.For more information or to sign up for a free trial, visit us at ca.practicallaw.com