Carswell's "Green Book" contains the complete and current Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations (OH&S)
This publication also features a comprehensive index with page references, a detailed Table of Contents, and a list of OH&S information resources. This makes it ideal for quick and precise referencing when and where you need it. It is ideal for use in all Ontario firms and organizations in the industrial, manufacturing, health care and construction sectors, as well as in offices and certain other institutions covered by the OH&S Act.
Often referred to as the "Green Book", it is a must-have resource for every Ontario organization.
- WHMIS 2015 – S.O. 2015, c. 27, Schedule 4, amending the Occupational Health and Safety Act to implement WHMIS 2015, not yet in force.
- Noise – New O. Reg. 381/15, extending noise protection to all Ontario workers, with consequential amendments O. Regs. 382/15 (industrial establishments), 383/15 (mines and mining), 384/15 (oil and gas) and 385/15 (farming), in force July 1, 2016.
- Construction Projects – O. Reg. 345/15, amending O. Reg. 213/91, with respect to drill rig operators, carbon monoxide exposure and fall protection, in force January 1, 2016 and July 1, 2016.
- Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents – O. Reg. 274/14, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 833, to revise the table of occupational exposure limits, came into force July 1, 2015, and O. Reg. 347/15, extending the application of the regulation to the construction industry and enabling use of "codes of practice" in force July 1, 2016.
- Confined Space – O. Reg. 346/15, amending O. Reg. 632/05, with respect to "acceptable atmospheric levels", in force July 1, 2016.
- Mining – O. Reg. 265/15, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 854, with respect to electrical requirements, electrical locking and tagging, high visibility safety apparel and fees payable for rope testing, in force January 1, 2016 and July 1, 2016.
- Working at Heights Training – O. Regs. 252/14 and 253/14, amending O. Regs. 213/91 and 297/13, making training that meets the Working at Heights Training Standard mandatory in the construction sector, came into effect April 1, 2015.
We have also updated the list of OH&S Resources and the Index and revised the Table of Contents.New features
- Available as a Thomson Reuters ProView eBook directly from your web browser or on your iPad, in a bundle with the print format*
- Added a new section, providing practical guidance on accident prevention, investigations and reporting, including information on work refusals and a due diligence checklist
*Thomson Reuters ProView options not applicable to bookstores, academic institutions, and students.
Updated list of OH&S Resources and index and revised Table of Contents