Created by: Susan Singh and Annie Chong in collaboration with the Canadian Payroll Association.
According to a May 2005 survey of participants in the Canadian Payroll Association’s “Preparing for an Audit” web seminar:
• 89% of participants were audited by an external source
• 65% of participants were audited more than once
• 27% of participants incurred a fine or penalty
Odds are that you will experience a payroll audit at some point in your career. Make it a painless process.
The Payroll Audit Toolkit helps you audit your own internal processes and document strengths and weaknesses. Get the framework you need to correct any problem areas – before the external auditor arrives!
Using step-by-step checklists, the Toolkit guides you through the internal Payroll Audit process, using proven and effective techniques.
A properly conducted internal audit using the Payroll Audit Toolkit will help you:
• Identify payroll practices that are effective and worth retaining and improving
• Recognize problem areas that require attention
• Gain insight and perspective on your payroll policies
• Make professional and well-informed assessments
• Understand your organization’s legal obligations and reduce the risk of non-compliance
• Make an impact by ensuring that your payroll processes are effective and cost-efficient
Be armed to face the auditor with confidence
• Stay up-to-date on changing legislation to ensure ongoing compliance
• Minimize the time the auditor is on the premises by being prepared and organized
• Avoid costly fines and penaltiesEndorsed by The Canadian Payroll Association