Simplifying compliance to the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations
The Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act: Quick Reference – 2017 Edition helps you make sense of the OH&S Act and Regulations - quickly and easily in “plain English”. Be prepared, make decisions with confidence and ensure your business complies with the sections of the OH&S Act and Regulations that are of importance to the success of your organization.
Comprised of two sections, part one of the Ontario OH&S Act: Quick Reference - 2017 Edition features more than 20 key compliance issues that are identified, defined, cross-referenced and accompanied by a legal compliance checklist. Part two contains the full text of the OH&S Act and key Regulations.
NEW IN THE 2017 EDITION
- Updates to the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), including the implementation of WHMIS 2015.
- New information on the regulation respecting the Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents.
- A new Noise regulation, which extends protection against noise exposure to workers in all workplaces covered by the Act.
- Updates on the certification of Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) members as a result of new standards established by the Chief Prevention Officer.
- Recent amendments to the Act which enhance an employer’s duties with respect to workplace harassment, including sexual harassment.
- Updates relating to new requirements on OH&S awareness training for workers and supervisors, working at heights training for construction workers, and amendments to the construction regulations for rotary foundation drill rigs and use of suspended access equipment.