Stiff fines for workers and employers caught violating workplace safety codes is the new reality under historic changes to Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act
legislation. Avoid on-site fines under Alberta’s new OH&S Ticketing and Administrative Penalties System with the HANDI-GUIDE to Alberta’s OH&S Act, Regulation and Code – 2014 Edition
. New in This Edition
- As of October 1, 2013, OHS officials can issue administrative penalties for OHS violations, up to a maximum of $10,000 per contravention per day
- As of January 1, 2014, OHS officials can issue tickets to workers or employers for more than 60 different contraventions. Ticket amounts range from $100 to $500
- In addition to the administrative penalties amendments, other amendments to the OH&S Act made by Bill 6 (S.A. 2012, c. 7) (in force December 10, 2012)
- Addition of Administrative Penalty (Occupational Health and Safety Act) Regulation, AR 165/2013 (in force October 1, 2013)
- Amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation made by AR 182/13 (in force October 1, 2013)
This practical guide includes the current version of the act and regulation as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Code
plus 5 interpretative chapters that will help you understand and interpret the law. Also includes a handy chart listing all the new oh&s ticketable contraventions.
A powerful safety tool for worker training, and for increasing worker and supervisor awareness of their responsibilities under workplace safety law.
Alberta's Occupational Health and Safety Code
, Part 1, Section 2.1 states: " Availability of legislation 2.1
An employer must ensure that a current paper or electronic copy of each of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
, the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and the Occupational Health and Safety Code
is readily available for reference by workers."
Alberta Employment and Immigration, responsible for administering the OHS Act
, has advised that they recognize the acceptability of the official published versions from Alberta's Queen's Printer, as well as copies as published by Carswell in the Handi-Guide
. Alberta Queen's Printer – letter of endorsement
Multiple copy discounts available.