This DVD will help you teach effective research on:
The role of commentary in legal research and helpful guidance on where to find it.
This DVD explains how to:
• analyze legal subjects in depth
• formulate legal issues
• find useful commentary
• use commentary to find relevant case law and legislation
How and where to find appropriate and relevant case law. Divided into
two segments, this section helps researchers understand:
• why case law is important and the principles to identify significant cases
• the process of finding case law on a specific issue
Helpful hints on where to find relevant legislation and what to do with it once you have it. It deals with:
• the legislative process
• techniques for finding legislation
• statutory interpretation
Outlines the necessary steps for thorough, precise and accurate research. Lacklustre skills in the library mean less-than-favourable results in the courtroom and boardroom. Lawyers need sharp research skills to serve their clients well.