This is the first book dedicated to employee engagement in the unionized work environment. Written by conflict management expert Blaine Donais, this text gives you the practical tools and guidance necessary to achieve and benefit from having an engaged union workforce. This book:
- Analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of various levels of union involvement in the workplace and offers advice on when to choose the appropriate type of involvement
- Places employee engagement in the context of past, present and future relationships between the employer, the union and employees
- Explains how unions work and how they represent their membership
- Explores how various levels of union involvement in the workplace will have an impact on employee engagement
- Examines many of the most prominent unionized employee engagement efforts in North America to extract useful advice for every kind of workplace looking to engage unionized employees
It also includes practical templates, diagrams and checklists to get you started on the unionized employee engagement.