This highly regarded casebook provides a detailed examination of every major area of Canadian tort law, drawing on case law from every province. It features helpful explanatory introductions, concise extracts of key decisions, editorial passages, detailed notes and questions, and review problems.
The eighth edition of Cases and Materials on the Law of Torts
retains many features of the previous edition and contains:
- A new section on the defamation defence of responsible communication on matters of public interest.
- Additional analysis of the material contribution approach to causation.
- Revised material on the tort of misfeasance in a public office.
- An expanded discussion of arrest powers and investigative detention in the context of the defence of lawful authority.
- A more detailed review of damages under s. 24 of the Charter.
- New notes examining the ongoing development of the economic torts.
- Updated notes that include many recent cases and articles