25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITIONBrown on Defamation (Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, United States), Second Edition
is a comprehensive, authoritative and extremely discerning text that addresses significant new developments in this complex area of legal practice. This landmark text offers an authoritative and comprehensive treatment of defamation law in Canada and elsewhere, and has been cited in more than 400 cases including all of the highest provincial appellate courts and the Supreme Court of Canada.
WITH OVER 14,000 CASES CITED, THIS SEMINAL TEXT INCLUDES SUCH TOPICS OF DISCUSSION AS:
- Analysis of over 14,000 relevant cases, including over 8,500 from the United States
- Cause of action
- Available defences, practice and procedure, including discovery, pleadings, parties, evidence, costs, and discovery
- Charter implications
- Injurious Falsehood including a closer look at slander of title, disparagement of goods, and interference with prospective advantage
- Malicious Prosecution including an extensive analysis of the principles of law relating to the initiation and termination of judicial proceedings, reasonable and probable cause, malice, defences to the action and damages
- Recent case highlights
- Recent developments of the law relating to the Internet
- Comparative analysis of special media privileges in England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United States
ESSENTIAL RESEARCH TOOLS AND FEATURES
- Detailed description and commentary on conduct of a defamation action
- List of sample damage awards
- Classification of all defamatory imputations
- Commentary that not only sets out the law but also identifies the underlying principles that guide the courts
- A concise summary at the beginning of each chapter plus a comprehensive index for the text
- Separate treatment of topics relating to the communications media, fiction, motion pictures, group defamation, forum and jurisdiction, and limitation and notice provisions
- Extensive references to scholarly articles and law commission reports
Carswell eReference Library is a virtual library that allows subscribers to access print looseleaf products whose contents have been made available in an online format. Subscribe to any eReference looseleaf and you get online access for an unlimited number of users at the same location. It's like getting unlimited copies for the price of one.
In addition to being cost-effective, every eReference looseleaf offers the convenience of seamlessly integrated updates and the efficiency of searching and tracking features. Each title is available in two subscription options – print with online access or online access only.
For more information visit www.carswell.com/ereference