Annual Review of Insolvency Law is a collection of papers on insolvency issues contributed by practitioners, academics and the judiciaryEditors
Dr. Janis P. Sarra, LL.B., LL.M., S.J.D.
The Honourable Justice Barbara Romaine The Annual Review of Insolvency Law 2015
offers a collection of articles from today's experts, both academic and practising. Authors weigh in on the most vital debates, theorize on future implications of current rules and trends, and scrutinize the practical implications of recent proceedings and challenges.New in this edition
This year's edition features 28 articles providing a comprehensive analysis of current developments in insolvency law in Canada. The table of contents includes:
- Andrew Kent and Jennifer Cockbill, "Restructuring Canadian Multinationals"
- Jeremy Opolsky, "Intercorporate Debt and Equitable Subordination: One Case Forward and One Case Back"
- William Kaplan, "Bul River Mineral Corporation: A Question of Equity"
- Jordon Schultz and Travis Kelley, "No Wind in the Sale: a Recent Trend of Unsuccessful Sales and Investment Solicitation Processes under the CCAA"
- Stephanie Ben-Ishai and Larissa Lucas, "Government Involvement in CCAA Proceedings: Has Transparency been Achieved?"
- Janis Sarra, "Micro Small and Medium Enterprises: Do We Need Statutory Reform in Canada?"
- Jean-Daniel Breton and Philippe Bélanger, "Proposed Adjustments to the Wage Earner Protection Program Act"
- D J Miller and Michael Shakra "Nortel: The Long and Winding Road"
- Jay Lawrence Westbrook, "Corporate Formalism in a Global Economy"
- John Pottow, "Two Cheers for Universalism: Nortel's Nifty Novelty
- Alexis Teasdale, "Blurred Lines: the Sharpening of the Solvency Requirement and the Bounds of Judicial Power in Section 192 Arrangements under the Canada Business Corporations Act in Connacher"
- Tevia R M Jeffries, "Releases of Court Officers at Discharge: If Anyone Can Show Just Cause Why This Court Officer Should Not Be Released, Speak at the Discharge Hearing or Forever Hold Your Peace"
- Sue Philpott and Adrian Scotchmer, "Immunity for Court-Appointed Officers: A Case for Curtailment"
- Jocelyn Perreault, "To Trust or Not to Trust: A Review of the Groupe Sutton-Royal Decision Highlighting Fundamental Distinctions between the Civil Law and the Common Law on Whether Property is Held 'in Trust'"
- Jocelyn Perreault, « En fiducie ou non : Analyse de la décision Groupe Sutton-Royal faisant ressortir les distinctions fondamentales entre le droit civil et la common law sur la question de savoir si des biens sont détenus « en fiducie »
- Mary I A Buttery, H Lance Williams and Tijana Gavric, "TLC The Land Conservancy of Canada: The Evolution of the Role of "Other" Interests in Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act Proceedings"
- Steve J Hutchison, "The Use of an Equitable Receiver to Seize RRSP Accounts of a Bankrupt: A Case Commentary on Bearsfield and Mod-Aire v McNabb"
- Jessica L Cameron, "Solicitor-Client Privilege: Who Carries the Shield? A Case Commentary on Re Bre-X Minerals 15 Years Later"
- Maziar Peihani, "Crisis Management and Orderly Resolution of Banks in Canada and Internationally: A Perspective on Reforms and Challenges"
- Pascale Cornut St-Pierre, "Eligible Financial Contracts and the Many Faces of Derivatives: A Brief History of the ISDA Master Agreement"
- Alex MacFarlane, and Thomas Gertner, "Foreign Non-Main Proceedings and the Public Policy Exception – A Comparison of Canadian and American Insolvency Regimes"
- Bruce A Markell, "Comity, Chapter 15, and the Enforcement of Foreign Country Money Judgments in the United States"
- Jennifer Payne, "UK Debt Restructuring Mechanisms: New Developments in Practice and Potential Law Reform"
- Irit Mevorach, "Beyond the Search for Certainty- Addressing the Cross-border Resolution Gap"
- Ignacio Tirado, "An Evolution of COMI in the European Insolvency Regulation: from 'Insolvenzimperialismus' to the Recast"
- Bob Rajan, "Secondary Proceedings from a European Context"
- Stephan Madaus, "Protection of Employees in their Employer's Insolvency – The German Way"
- Karen Gross, "Where did America go wrong on student debts and bankruptcy?"
- Wendy Akpareva, "Shall We Borrow a Leaf from the UK? Directors' Liability in Insolvency: the United States in Context"