Annual Review of Insolvency Law is a collection of papers on insolvency issues contributed by practitioners, academics and the judiciaryEditors
Dr. Janis P. Sarra, LL.B., LL.M., S.J.D.
The Honourable Justice Barbara Romaine The Annual Review of Insolvency Law 2014
offers a collection of articles from today's experts, both academic and practising. Authors weigh in on the most vital debates, theorize on future implications of current rules and trends, and scrutinize the practical implications of recent proceedings and challenges.What's New in this Edition
- Mary Buttery and Jeffrey Bichard, "Hard Questions Regarding Intellectual Property Rights on Insolvency"
- Anthony Duggan and Norman Siebrasse, "The Protection of Intellectual Property Licences in Insolvency: Lessons from the Nortel Case"
- David Ullmann and Sheldon Title, "How to Seize Something You Can't Touch: A Review of Issues and Process with the Foreclosure of Intellectual Property Assets"
- Robert O. Sanderson, "Are Professional Fees in Insolvencies Out of Balance? "
- Josh McElman, "Case Comment: Re Tepper Holdings Inc, a Possible Framework for the Assessment of Fees under the CCAA"
- The Honourable Marie Deschamps, "Governance in Times of Insolvency: Should we be concerned? La gouvernance en période d'insolvabilité: devrions-nous nous en inquiéter? "
- Marc Wasserman and Caitlin Fell, "Financing Considerations While under Near-Term Financial Stress, The TSX Financial Hardship Exemption, the MI 61-101 Exemptions, and the OSC's Prospectus Requirements"
- Janis Sarra, "La bonne foi est une considération de base - Requiring Nothing Less than Good Faith in Insolvency Law Proceedings"
- Stephanie Ben-Ishai, "Student Loans and Bankruptcy: Five Years Later"
- Mark Zigler and Barbara Walancik, "Some Reflections on the Benefits and Limitations of Long-Arm Pension Legislation"
- Chris Simard, "Surveying the Messy Intersection between Insolvency Law and Regulatory Law"
- Neil Narfason, "The Mesh between Canada's Federal Insolvency Regime and Provincial Environmental Protection Laws"
- Orestes Pasparakis and Andrea Campbell, "Distributing Recoveries of Fraud Among Innocent Investors: The Lessons from Greyhawk"
- Isabelle Desharnais, "Financial Fraud in Québec, the Norbourg Case"
- Jonathan Krieger, "Commentary Regarding Distribution Issues in the Context of Investment Firm Insolvency Proceedings"
- Michael B. Rotsztain and Sanja Sopic, Restructurings of Single Asset Real Estate Businesses - Should There be Legislative Restrictions?
- Alex MacFarlane, Christopher Stanek and Thomas Gertner, "Lien on Me: The Comstock Story, Creative Approaches To Restructurings in the Construction Sector"
- Craig E. Jones, "Taking the "Fresh Start" Seriously: A Case Comment on Canada (Superintendent of Bankruptcy) v. 407 ETR Concession Company Limited and Moloney v. Alberta (Administrator, Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Act) "
- Kelly Bourassa and Milly Chow, "At the Crossroads: What Happens When Class and Insolvency Proceedings Collide? "
- Stuart Brotman and Dylan Chochla, "What's the "Deference"? Sale of Assets by Receivers 2014 in Review"
- Cindy Cheuk and William Stransky, "Highly Interesting - Criminal Interest Rate Issues Applicable to Interim Financing Under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act"
- Barbara Walancik, "Principles and Best Practices in Administering Hardship Funding during Insolvency"
- Philippe Bélanger and Jocelyn Perreault, "Post-Filing Fees of Creditors in CCAA: A Lesson from the Homburg Matter"
- Gordon Levine, "The Interplay between Comity, Public Policy and Paramountcy in Recognition of Foreign Judgments in Insolvency Matters"
- Christopher J. Redmond, "Recognition and Enforcement of Insolvency-Related Judgments in Foreign Proceedings"
- Emily Lee, "Securities & Futures Commission v China Metal Recycling (Holdings) Limited: Regional Conflict of Laws, Judicial Recognition and Hong Kong-China Cross-Border Insolvencies"
- Jennifer Taub, "Reconcilable Differences: Promoting Homeownership While Preventing Systemic Risk"
- Kevin McElcheran, "The Case for Plan Mediation in Canada"