This new looseleaf text is the first comprehensive guide for lawyers, corporate counsel and HR professionals to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
, the Customer Service Standard, Accessible Built Environment Standard, Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation, Information and Communications Standard, Transportation Standards and Employment Standards. As of January 1, 2012, most Ontario private sector organizations that provide goods and services to the public will have to comply with the Customer Service Standard. Designated public sector organizations have had to comply with this Standard since January 1, 2010. The Act
requires full compliance with all Standards by 2025.
This resource provides a clear, understandable road-map to this developing area of law. It covers the following topics:
- Overview of Accessibility Issues in Ontario
- The Standards Development Process
- Customer Service Standard
- Accessible Built Environment Standard
- Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation – General
- Information and Communications Standard
- Transportation Standards
- Employment Standards
- Administration of the Act
- Lesson From Other Jurisdictions
This text is updated regularly keeping you apprised with the latest developments as Accessibility Standards come into force so that you can advise your clients on how to comply with the Act.